Bryan Schott and Derek Miller sit down to talk about the latest in international trade, Jon Huntsman's appointment to be Russian Ambassador, and Russia's influence on American politics.
IEDC has put together a series of webinars designed to help communities with disaster preparedness and Economic Recovery. I don't know about you, but every night when I turn on the news there seems to be one more natural disaster hitting somewhere. Since we all serve as a community leader, it might be a good idea, to check out these webinars and take advantage of the training and insight they may provide.
To view the topics and times, go to the IEDC website.
Several years ago when my daughter and her new husband were looking for a place to live, they found a great low-cost, brand-new apartment west of Daybreak in Salt Lake County. She was working downtown at a law firm and had to make that drive every morning. I told her that she would hate the commute driving into town every day. Of course, she knew better and told me that it really didn't take that long to get into town. I shut my mouth and helped them move into their new place.
Six months later, they informed us that they were moving to a more expensive, rental house in the 9th South 9th East area. What changed? "I hated making that drive everyday." Hmmm. Never tell them I told you so.
So when Tami sent me this link on commute times, I thought I would post it here. When you or your kids are wondering how long it takes to get someplace, send them this link.
More Articles ...
- More Grants available for communities and non-profits
- New Grants available for communities
- Utah Tech Leaders Unite on Capital Hill to Advance Worforce Initiatives
- What do Political Insiders rank as #1 issue for this year's Legislative session?
- Mueller Industries to Open Copper Manufacturing in Iron County
- President Declares Bears Ears as a National Monument
- Jeff Edwards to retire from EDCUtah
- IEDC Awards Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Economic Summit in Pleasant Grove
- Congratulations to 90 years of IEDC
- What is the state of downtown Salt Lake?
- GOED's Strategic Plan
- Utah Named Top State in CNBC Ranking
- 2016 Site Selector Perception Study
- Feature on our own Brad Baird
- News on Utah
- Visit one of our National Parks for FREE
- Utah Cities Among Best in Nation for Minority-Owned Business
- Which State Economy is the Most Economically Diverse?
- Business Innovation Summit of Eastern Utah
- New Grants Available for Communities
- State Forms a New Aerospace Association
- How is Utah's Economy Doing?
- Zions National Park
- New Operations Director at GOED
- Jacobsen Shines Bright at AGC Awards
- Big D Construction Opens Office in Park City
- Park City Known for their Skiing, Film Festival & Entrepreneurs?
- Utah State Parks has a new Website
- Salt Lake Tribune Editorial on GOED's Incentive Programs